Download Written Materials
Contact OCDLA for the password.
Aloha! OCDLA is proud to once again partner with TravelPro for the 2019 Sunny Climate Seminar and Travel Package, this year at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa!
Main Travel Dates: November 7–11
Welcome Reception: Friday, November 8
CLE: Saturday, November 9
Who may attend the Sunny Climate CLE? Defense lawyers, investigators, and those professionals and law students directly involved in the defense function. The travel/hotel package is an additional cost — click Venue for details — and is open to all family and friends of seminar attendees.
CLE Registration Fee
$450 after Oct. 11
$350 Mahalo rate
Plus, another CLE is planned for November 8 through IACDL - Idaho Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Call 208-343-1000 for additional information.
Seminar registration includes:
Continuing Legal Education Credit
Approximately 5.5 credits will be applied for in HI, WA, OR, CA, ID, CO, NM and UT. Call OCDLA regarding other states.
Seminar cancellations made by October 30 will receive a refund less a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations made after Oct 30 — after material download link has been emailed, will receive a refund less a $150 cancellation/written material fee. No-shows will be sent the MP3 audio download link.
Registration Form PDF
To view/download a registration form click here.
8:30a | Coffee for seminar registrants (included)
9:00 | Beach Ball Voir Dire
Brett Willis, Senior Assistant Public Defender, Gainesville, GA
10:00 | Break
10:15 | Vital Trial Techniques to Neutralize Medical Evidence (or lack thereof) in Sexual Assault Cases
Colette Tvedt, Attorney, Denver, CO Read bio.
11:15 | Reviving Search and Seizure Litigation: Taking the Fourth Amendment Off Life Support
Travel & Lodging Package
November 7–11, 2019
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, HI
$1,299 ppdo roundtrip from Portland, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Other departure cities available, see below.
• Roundtrip air travel from Portland, Seattle, LA, San Francisco
• Four nights in a Resort View room (with high speed internet wifi), Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, HI (upgrades to ocean view or ocean front rooms available)
$250 deposit per person required to reserve travel package. Airfare subject to change until paid in full. Full travel payment due by September 11, 2019.
To Reserve a Spot
To reserve your travel/lodging package, contact Tom Cronkrite at TravelPro, 1-866-611-3785, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Add extra days to the package for even more savings.
• The hotel & travel package is open to all family and friends of CLE attendees.
The airline portion of the travel package is nonrefundable. In addition, any cancellation after September 11, 2019, will be assessed a $250.00 cancellation fee in addition to non-refundable airline costs. Airfare subject to change until travel paid in full.
Included Resort Services (the daily resort fee of $32 has been waived for OCDLA guests ($128 value):
• 24-hour access to oceanfront Stay Fit Gym
• Complimentary cultural programs including lei making and hula lessons
• Wildlife tours, penguin and koi feedings
• In-room coffee and tea
• Complimentary yoga/fitness classes daily
• Resort shuttle service in Ka’anapali
• One hour daily tennis or basketball court time; tennis balls, racquets, and basketballs included
• Lei greeting upon arrival
• 10% off Macy’s at Hyatt Regency Maui resort (exlusions may apply)
• 25% discount on Greens Fees at Ka’anapali Golf Courses (Royal and Kai Courses)
• Complimentary beach portrait session and 5x7 print from Grins2Go at Hyatt Regency Maui
• Personalized guest request texting service
• Complimentary local phone calls
• Filtered water and ice machines on every guestroom floor and throughout the resort
• Two reusable keepsake water bottles, per room, per stay, upon arrival
Departure cities & prices
Las Vegas $1,399.00
Los Angeles $1,299.00
New York-Newark $1,599.00
Salt Lake City $1,399.00
San Diego $1,299.00
San Francisco $1,299.00
San Jose $1,299.00
Washington DC-DCA $1,599.00
We'll be back up soon...